Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Sweet Baby Sister


"Can I please have an ice cube too? Do you know? Ice can even turn into water when I put it inside my mouth!!" That's what my baby sister said to us while we were gathered in the lounge this evening, sending us into affectionate giggles that endear her to us every day.

She's the youngest of four sisters and a late child; so naturally, she's the shinning star of our eyes, and the ray of happy, innocent sunshine that radiates our lives with joy. She is as naughty as can be, yet manages never to hurt, and will never be scolded, ever. She can have every toy she points at, and as many ice creams in a day as she chooses---there's always a stock in the deep-freezer---and I assure you, she chooses to have a lot. She can demand to be taken for an outing at 10:00 p.m., and no one will object (though I do wonder my parents let her get away with that one). But is she spoilt and cheeky? (She is cheeky). Not as much as she should be. That is to say, she still loves doing her homework and getting a star by her teacher---every time. Maybe it's something more than her being a cute baby. She's just somehow artlessly irresistible.

Growing up with adults or teenagers, she hardly considers herself a baby. Oh no! I'm just as old enough as you to have coffee and wear makeup and to go to your 'big school', she tells me:) And if I'm not allowed to watch cartoons whenever I like, why can mama watch her channel? We had no answer for the last one so now she gets to watch cartoons exactly whenever she likes =P

We love her, and she knows it. Takes advantage of it too, but she loves us as well-- and no matter how old she gets, she will always be our baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment